Pages

1.02.2011

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe it is 2011.  It seems so strange. I just got comfortable saying twenty-ten. Geez... now I'm on a whole new year.  :) It doesn't help that right now I am in sort of this weird timeless limbo.  My hubbie leaves in ELEVEN days.  I write that and I know it is so close but it seems so far away.  He is on leave right now so we are together 24/7. It is really nice having Ryan here to spend some quality time as a family.  Every time I try to {mentally} prepare myself for the day he ships out I just can't do it.  I just have to put that away in it's own little compartment and leave it shut.  See right before my husband deploys if I think about him leaving too much I start to get sucked in to this never ending vortex of sad feelings.  Every activity we do, every good laugh we have, every time we do our bedtime routine with the boys I will think to myself this may be the last time we do this or therre aren't that many of these moments left before he leaves.  It is so depressing.  It can really ruin whatever family moments we were just enjoying before those thoughts snuck in.  So instead I try to let it go.  Enjoy every single thing we do.  Live these last weeks to the fullest.  And know that in six {short?} months we will be super excited for a fabulous homecoming. Totally smiling in that freaky forcing yourself to be happy kind of way right now. Ha!

Well, I will be back soon to post pictures of our *completed* living room. No more media niche!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Julie-
    I think adding a thin molding would put the perfect finish on this project! You guys did a great job! I am just stopping by to say thank you for the comment you left on my blog "Love of Family & Home." It is very nice to meet you! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Love love all your comments. They make me so happy. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)