Pages

2.11.2010

Silence is Golden?

I have no way to lead into this except to say that this post is a little different.

Have you ever felt like a fool and then felt even more like a fool for feeling like a fool?  :) In some situations I am not as suave as I would like to be.  Afterwards, I think what I could have said or done different.  Honestly, it takes a while for me to let it go.  I can harp :) I try and remind myself that I cannot control how people around me feel and can only change how I feel about things.  Even though I want people to like me I cannot determine how I feel about myself and others based on someone else.  I have to do what I think is right and be satisfied. 

Sometimes that is hard for me.  It feels like a personal affront if things don't go the way I think they should.  It may not always be personal but sometimes it's hard to remember that.  Does that ever happen to you?

It feels wrong as an adult to be so unsure of myself at times but maybe that is what makes me grown up.   Admitting this is something I have trouble with and work on it.  I want to be confident in all I say and do.  And I want to teach Nolan and Kyler to do the same.  I want them to be leaders with conviction and not just follow the crowd.  So I need to focus on not nitpicking at myself!  I think it can be done. :)

Well, the siren song of dinner is calling and Nolan is politely asking for playdoh.  I have a feeling those polite words might change if I don't hop to it soon.  

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Love love all your comments. They make me so happy. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me :)